Content Manager (2 current openings)
Looking for a High-Level Content Manager to Drive Growth
The content manager will own the creation and direction of all content marketing initiatives for multiple companies in our family of companies. The ultimate goal of these efforts is to increase website traffic and drive engagement, qualified lead generation, customer retention, and other positive client-related outcomes.
The content manager will help define our brand story, in addition to developing consistency for our brand’s storytelling. They will also have an obsession for content performance, reporting, and analytics.
Our content manager will lead the development of our content initiatives with a publisher/journalist mindset, in all forms, to drive new business and cultivate new opportunities with our current client base through their work.
The right candidate will have the heart of a teacher, with a love of learning, writing, and communicating in all forms. They will see the value of every person on our team and put them at ease, empowering them to tell their stories to our audience.
Typical weekly duties for the content manager:
- Publication of three or more new pieces of content, be it text (blog articles), video, or audio (podcasts).
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts for content.
- Company email marketing efforts, including newsletters, automated workflows, and so on.
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for website and content.
- Social media for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Premium content production, including ebooks, white papers, webinars, etc.
- Creating landing pages and conversion opportunities for lead generation.
- General website updates and enhancements, e.g. new pages and calls-to-action placement.
- Professional development and continued education in relevant areas (e.g., marketing automation software certifications).
How success will be measured
The content manager will be measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects, through the consistent development and deployment of content.
Specific measurements of these criteria include:
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (i.e. conversions, submissions, purchases, etc.)
- Growth in website traffic; specifically, organic reach and other inbound traffic sources as well as time on site, bounce rate, return visitors, etc.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
- Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
Please include “content” in the subject of your cover letter to help us know that you have the kind of attention to detail that we’re looking for in a new team member.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, History, Philosophy or related communications field.
The content manager role requires a combination of marketing and publishing mindsets, leading at all times with a “customer first” mentality. In essence, the content manager is the company storyteller and must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer.
Specific skills required include:
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- An understanding of common editorial style guides, e.g. AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist is a bonus. Great at telling a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns. This is critical.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing.
- Incredible people skills.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Desired but not required: experience in or with the association industry and/or membership organizations
We are a startup, so you should be willing to wear multiple hats while being comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative environment working at an intense pace. We want members of our team to be intellectually curious, work with passion, demonstrate strong judgment and hold themselves accountable.
We are a remote, New Orleans-based company. Being in the New Orleans area is a plus but not required. We do require candidates for this position to be located in the United States in the Mountain, Central or Eastern time zones. We would also require you to be available to travel for occasional in-person meetings and events.
About Blue Cypress
Blue Cypress exists to serve purpose-driven leaders. Each company in our family provides a unique product or service to help associations, not-for-profits, and other purpose-driven organizations reach their goals and maximize impact – whether by educating an organization’s leaders, engaging members through smart newsletters, or predicting membership behavior to improve engagement. Our family consists of SaaS companies and dynamic services organizations that guide strategy and help their clients achieve successful outcomes.
By joining the Blue Cypress team, you will devote your professional energy to helping us implement new marketing strategies, operating models, and technologies for each company in our family. We move fast and align all that we do with our Core Purpose, and you will quickly see the impact that your work is having.