Finances are the fuel that keep our companies moving. Blue Cypress is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Corporate Accountant to help lead growth for multiple companies in our family. In this cross-functional role, business instincts, financial savvy, and an analytical mindset are keys for success. He or she will play an enormously important supportive role, keeping our company and family members’ financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures.
Objectives of this Role
- Execute general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling others to analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company objectives.
- Monitor policies and procedures for assigned departments and identify and suggest improvements for accounting reporting and recording procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and maintaining compliance.
- Continue ongoing education by participating in webinars, workshops, and networking events.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits, updating and distribution of cash receipt logs, and posting of cash to the accounts receivable sub-ledger.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and publish reports.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all accounts.
- Assists in providing schedules and commentary with respects to accounts results and variances, and with the production of working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary.
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets.
- Prepare special or ad-hoc financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
Please include “growth” in the subject of your cover letter to help us know that you have the kind of attention to detail that we are looking for in a new team member.
- Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and organizational ability.
- Proficient with analytics. Knowing how to understand, filter, and work with data, including visualization tools, a definite plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance.
- 3-5 years of professional accounting experience, CPA a definite plus.
- Ability and willingness to keep and maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently.
- A growth mindset that is fluid and willing to experiment, fail, learn, and try again.
- A willingness to work remotely – we are a 100% virtual environment.
About Blue Cypress
Blue Cypress exists to serve purpose-driven leaders. Each company in our family provides a unique product or service to help associations, not-for-profits, and other purpose-driven organizations reach their goals and maximize impact – whether by educating an organization’s leaders, engaging members through smart newsletters, or predicting membership behavior to improve engagement. Our family consists of SaaS companies and dynamic services organizations that guide strategy and help their clients achieve successful outcomes.
By joining the Blue Cypress team, you will devote your professional energy to helping us implement new strategies, operating models, and technologies for each company in our family. We move fast and align all that we do with our Core Purpose, and you will quickly see the impact that your work is having.
Our Family Companies
Please send your resume and cover letter to Brent McClure at [email protected]